MITTENS FOR ATALIA
I excitedly posted a pic of a pair of mittens I made after following a video on YouTube on my Facebook page. They were super easy and quick – really quick about 30 mins for a pair. After testing them on Atalia, I found them to be too big, and every time she moved they came off. A fellow crocheter also commented about how “holey” it was and there was a risk of a finger getting stuck in one of those holes. I took the comment very seriously. I am super vigilant with Atalia, but if I make them for charity – once I hand over I have zero control regarding safety, so I decided to make a pair that fitted well, had longer ribbing to stay in place and with less holes for little fingers to get stuck in, and also had a tad bit more “shape”. The true test – these new mittens stayed on!!! You can download the free pattern from here.